5.01.2006

Blue Sky


Blue Sky

Three weeks till moving day... Crazy stuff man!! I thought I would blog on my church Blue Sky Church, located in the heart of downtown Loveland, CO. Amazing community of people; a mix of everyone can be found there. Its a place of Godly reality- be free to be yourself, no need to be a fake Christian. In the book of Romans it commands us to confess our sins to our brethren. It also says to "rejoice with those who are rejoicing, and morn with those who morn." Yesterday was awesome. as a church we got to celebrate the newest addition to our community and staff- Nick and Kristi Carelton! Nick is our new worship leader and his lovely wife will hopefully find her groove back into student ministry at Blue Sky. I love them both and wish them the best. They have both made a HUGE impact in my life and I am grateful that they both helped me in my walk with God in high school. I'm so sad to leave Blue Sky. They are like my family who accepts me as I am. Joe asked me to share with others about my internship and request for prayer. Scared as I was I made the attempt to share my exciting adventure and request prayer for strength in the Lord and finances. Joe asked me two questions when I was up there. First one was... "What are you most looking forward to this next year?" Hmmm... good question. I think the biggest thing that I am looking forward to is seeing God work in parts of the world that most people don't get to see. Especially Central Asia where boarders are opening up and allowing the gospel to be preached. The School of Mobilization (check out the link on the right hand side) is another thing I am looking forward to this year. I know that Hillside has been working several years on this project and it is getting closer to completion. In fact the day I get to Connecticut, Kris and Bob are going to Mexico to distribute the curriculum to the community down in Chihuahua. Second question was "What do you fear the most?" So many fears... not fitting in, finances, adjusting to culture, missing familiarity, safety, but what I fear most is falling from God. I pray that I will continue to stay strong, dependent on Him, being disciplined in His word and teaching, not allowing Satan to DISCOURAGE me. Discouragement I believe is what I am battling. Please pray for encouragement! Back to Blue Sky... If you are looking for a church, come visit Blue Sky. I will truly miss them but I know I have their support and love while I am gone. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I know the church won't be the same without you next semester. Who will i have to sit on the green couch with? Much love dearest. I'll support you when I come back and have a job. I don't know how much but you'll get some from me.