5.24.2006

I'm here... FINALLY!

Well ladies and gentlemen, I have finally made it to the luscious green state of Connecticut! I am so tired still (time change is two ahead Colorado time). This is how yesterday went down. I got up at 4am so we could leave my house at 4:30am. Around 4:25am I felt very sick... why? Don't get travel immunization shots the day before you travel, especially yellow fever, hepatitus A and typhoid. So needless to say the restroom was my friend for most of the day. My mom and I arrived at DIA around 5:45ish. None of my bags weighed over 50 pounds!!! I said goodbye to my mom (so sad, I love you and miss you mom) and went through security. Nothing beeped and my big bag of magic tricks did not raise any suspicion. The first flight left at 7:20 and arrived in Midway Chicago around 10:20am. I had a couple hours to kill so I ate half a sandwitch and watched the local news. At 12:50ish my flight took off for Hartford. During the flight a gentleman named Dane sang us a song about how much he loves Southwest Airlines. Now its been a while since I have flown SWA but for the most part it is pretty good. The only thing that I dislike is that there is no assigned seating. Because of this, everyone stands in front of the gate like cattle in there sections of either A,B or C about an hour before departure. I just want to say people should relax and not worry where they are sitting. I was at the end of the B section each time and I still got a window seat.
Yurihn, her little daughter Anna, and Suzie picked me up at the airport. We gathered my bags and went to Yurihn's house. the rest o of the evening was relaxing and getting to know part of the group. I met Vanne, Vannessa, Abby, Terry, Yurihn's mom and Melissa from the church. Today is Suzie's 18th birthday so we are going to have breakfast together, possibly go to the beach if it is warm (it was freezing yesterday!!! Its May 24th!), and watch last years camp video so we can start planning this years Camp Gilead.

No comments: