5.08.2006

1 Timothy 4:12



“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity.” 1 Timothy 4:12 Sometimes, I feel looked down upon because of my age. According to most, my ripe age of 19 years and 317 days means ignorance, irresponsibility, and laziness. Some of my good friends that are only a few years older than me, treat me like a child and tease me. I am all for joking around, but when people insinuate that my young age automatically equals stupidity, I feel offended. Unfortunately, I know what its like to grow up fast. I learned a lot of things at a young age, when most children are sheltered. I'm thankful for my trials and experiences. I would not be who I am today if it weren't for them. However, the young are the future. If the youth aren't invested into or even listened to for that matter, this world is going to be a scary place. I must take heed though and listen to the second half of the verse by setting an example- surpassing the norms of college students. Showing others my maturity through my actions, thoughts and words. I love being young but hate being treated like I'm five. I long to be thirty- that in between stage of youth and mid-age. Perhaps that is why women always say they are 29. However, I will wear my age with pride. Yes, everyone I'm almost 20 years of age(48 days to be exact from 5/12... not 40 Bennett). I'm single, in college, and taking every opportunity I can for the Lord. I do long to graduate, get married, have a family, pursue some type of career, but my work with the Lord comes first. Maybe I will never finish college or say "I Do" but living under the will of the Lord is the only place I want to be. Thanks to all my friends young and old who look past my age and determine my value through my actions, words, and thoughts.

4 comments:

Gibbytron said...

Now Stacy, I hate to poo poo the crux of your blog, you are a woman beyond your years. HOWEVER, let's not lie. You are 19, not 20, and won't be 20 for over 40 days. That would be like me saying I am 30, of which I AM NOT (um, yet)!!! Ahem. :)

Stacey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stacey said...

Fixed it friend ;P

Gibbytron said...

I said "over" 40 days, hehe... So I am in the clear, and YOU are too, well done, well done.

-TOM (The Old Man)