6.08.2006

Inspirational Thoughts from Mr. Chambers


No one likes change. We all like the familiar things in life. Whether its friends, places like the mountains, a way of doing things, or perhaps your choice of cereal. As I read my devotion from "My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers the last sentence caught my eye. Beware of paying attention or going back to what you once were, when God wants you to be something that you have never been. “If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know...”(John 7:17)

Now I don’t think that it is saying that I have to change everything in my life but I need to embrace change. More importantly, to embrace God’s will. His will may call us to be uncomfortable. God’s will could change our lives so rapidly. Instead of working an amazing job that pays the big bucks, you could find yourself unemployed, moving into a smaller house, and selling your Porsche. I don’t want my life to be focused on what I once was but becoming something I could never imagine being.

What is God’s purpose of me being here in Connecticut? I have yet to see it. I find myself upset everyday… NOTHING is the same. My expectations have flown out of the window along with my dreams. I am left with a blank slate. God do with me what you will. Make me into something I have never been.

3 comments:

KCarleton said...

Hey cute Stacey,
I am sorry you are down. I know God has you there for a reason. All of us here love you and believe in you and are praying for you! I got the email from Bennett with your new prayer requests! This community adores you! Keep your head up! Blessings will come! Call if you need anything at all, and yes, I need to write some new blogs :)
Love In Him,
Kristi

Jennifer said...

hey--found your blog through caffeineated joe. i pray you will be able to really fill up with all you need during this transitional time. peace.-- from a fellow pilgrim.

Rachelle said...

I got your letter today...You are amazing. May God bless you. I was talking to one of the Journeymen and she was talking about how much she's changed since she's been here...I think what she means is she's closer to God and more mature and able to handle situations better.. May God do that in you. It may seem difficult now, but at least you are in the states and are able to call anyone cheaply at anytime. Friend I pray that God will transform you into a Godly woman.