4.19.2006

The Little Things


Five weeks to go... When I think about moving, I start to reflect on what things will I miss here in Colorado. Sure I will miss my family and friends but there are many things in Colorado that won’t be in the East Coast.

  • Wearing sandals in the snow, go Chacos and Tevas
  • Actually knowing what a "fourteener" is (There are 54 in CO and I have done 5)
  • You switch from Heat to A/C in one day
  • Your sense of direction is: towards the mountains and away from the mountains (there are only "Hills" on the East Coast)
  • April showers bring May blizzards.
  • SPF 90 is not out of the question (oh the white pasty people of the North East)
  • Skiing in July (not that I have, but I know you can)
  • 'Rocky Mountain Oysters'
  • The altitude advantage
  • 'The Crack'- real Coloradoans know what this is and yes I have done it
  • Living in a town where Valentines Day is bigger than Christmas (Go Loveland)
  • Know what REAL snow consists of and can actually ski in powder
  • Dry weather in the heat and cold (no humidity)
  • Hiking... enough said
  • Elk serenading in Estes
  • Camping, camping, and more camping
  • National Western Stock Show
  • Long drives in the mountains with good company
  • Palisade Peaches
  • And perhaps the corn as well
  • Casa Bonita (or not)
  • River rafting
  • Buffalo Bill's Grave (yes I know where it is)
  • Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, Steamboat Springs, and RMNP
  • Garage Sales in the dead winter at about 10 degrees with Garage Sale WIERDOS knocking at your door 30mins before it starts! (got that one out)

I don't know what else to put! There is so much! If you had to leave your state what would you miss?
PRAISES:
*Got four supporters today! My total is up to six... praise God for His continued grace and His faithfulness to provide.
*One and a half weeks till finals!
*Got my loans deferred for a year.
PRAYERS:
*Continued prayer for finances to come through
*My health will continue to improve
*Another roommate to take my spot here at school
*Strength to stay focused on God

No comments: