4.10.2006

All in God's Hands

Six weeks left to go till I am officially a Connecticutan- such a strange word... I'm really excited, however a bit scared. All my letters are out, now I must sit and wait for God's hand to move. Waiting patiently for God to provide is soooooooooooo hard. I tend to lean towards the impatient side. God draw me near and guide my thoughts to fulfill your will. I got my first letter of support Thursday. Praise God, one step closer to relief! I'm in His hands as he is guiding me. I read a neat quote the other day that I would like to share.

"Stop interfering with God's plans and with His will. Touching anything of His, mars the work. Moving the hands of a clock to suit you, does not change the time. You may be able to rush the unfolding of some aspects of God's will but you harm His work in the long run. You can force a rosebud open, but you spoil the flower. Leave everything to Him, without exception. 'Not what I will, but what you will'(Mark 14:36).
-Stephen Merritt

No comments: