1.22.2007

New Year Means Craziness


So it has been a while since my last posting... I am sorry. I was busy but who isn't?

Since November my life has gotten a bit nuts. I went to Colorado for to weeks during Christmas and New Years. My boyfriend Josh and I made it in the night before the first blizard... the first of many. My family and I got snowed in for three days got out just before Christmas activites started. Joshua left the day after Christmas, just before the second system of snow... lucky him, not for me. Praise God though that the roads were clear enough for me to drive up to Blue Sky Church in Loveland, CO to talk about my experiences at Hillside and the upcoming travels to Turkey. It went well. The trip was fun but a bit limited to visits and seeing all the people I wanted to. So sorry to those I could not go see and sorry to Joey & Robin and Kyle & Miranda for missing your weddings. I hate that I missed the biggest day of your life. Please forgive me and the snow!

What am I doing now? Getting ready for one of the biggest life changing experiences ever! I am going to be living in Turkey for three months doing God's work by showing His love to the Muslims. It is going to be hard but worth every sacrifice that I will have to make. I bought my tickets already. I will be gone March 13th to June 11th.

My biggest block that stands in my way right now is finances. I need $3,000 more in order for this to be possible. If you know anyone who would like partner in this amazing outreach for God's Kingdom let me know.

God is good and He is GREAT!

Old School Lifehouse wrote this song called "You Can Shake the Mountains" and I wanted to share the lyrics:
Freedom comes in the morning time
As the sun begins to shine on my face
And even in the dark i'm not alone
You guide me by the hand, You won't let go
And i know you'll carry me when i can't walk

And you can Shake the mountains with a whisper
And you, you speak And i fall at your feet again
You burned the chains off of my feet
That held me to the ground
You let me rise
Don't ever let me come back down
Or even live a day apart from you'
Cause you lifted me
Higher than my doubts and fears

And you can Shake the mountains with a whisper
And you, you speak And i fall at your feet
And you are so beautiful
And i am so in love with you
You, you lead
And i will follow close behind

Now i'm waiting here for you
And don't be far away tonight
Lead me to the place where i can go and find rest
'Cause i'm so tired And now let me feel your breath on my face

And you can Shake the mountains with a whisper
And you, you speak And i fall at your feet
And you are so beautiful
And i am so in love with you
You, you lead
And i will follow close behind

No comments: